Update 21

Admin

Administrator
1611271816370.png

IN REPARATION FOR SINS COMMITTED AGAINST THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS AND THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY AND FOR THE CONSECRATION OF RUSSIA TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY AS OUR LADY REQUESTED. (and any other private intentions)

Meditation for the Fourth Friday of January attached below.

Time slots vacant are 1am - 2am, 4am - 5am, 5am - 6am.

MEDITATION FOR THE FOURTH FRIDAY OF JANUARY
(taken from “The Devotion to the Sacred Heart” by Fr. John Croiset, S.J)

‘’Then the lord of the vineyard said: What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be, when they see him, they will reverence him. Whom when the husband-men saw,...casting him out of the vineyard they killed him.” (Luke 20:13-15).

The sense of this sad parable was only too literally accomplished in the person of Jesus Christ, whom the Jews treated in that manner; but is not the accomplishment of this same parable renewed every day among Christians in the unworthy manner in which they treat Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament?

Could the eternal Father employ a means more proper to acquire for Himself faithful servants among men than by sending them His own Divine Son? And could Jesus Christ find a means more proper to make Himself honoured and loved than by instituting the Blessed Eucharist? However, do people love Jesus Christ more for it? Is He not on the contrary worse treated on account of this? The ingratitude of the Jews makes us indignant, but why are we not concerned about our own ingratitude? It is indeed surprising that the presence of Jesus Christ, His meekness, His generosity, His miracles had no effect on the hearts of the Jews, but is it not more strange that the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, His abasement, His silence, His liberality, and all the favours which He is ready to confer on us should have so little effect on the hearts of Christians?